This podcast is all about Yoga Nidra, a wonderful relaxation meditation technique developed by the great yoga adept Swami Satyananda Saraswati of the Bihar School of Yoga in India.
Yoga Nidra, as a meditation technique, enables you to remain awake and alert as you venture into the deep sleep state. Instead of becoming unconscious, you experience an exalted state of consciousness and a deep, blissful connection to the highest Self.
We describe Yoga Nidra:
- How it enables you to systematically relax each part of your physical body and move your awareness to your subtle layers, emotions, and deeper mind. As you do this, you relax and rejuvenate your whole self.
- The three stages of Yoga Nidra, which include recuperation from exhaustion, purification of old tensions and traumas from the unconscious mind, and the attainment of an exalted state of consciousness.
- The importance of Yoga Nidra for deep rest and how it can be used to overcome the negative effects of sleep disturbance and insomnia.
- How it removes deep-seated tensions
- Yoga Nidra in therapy and psychotherapy
- How to practice Yoga Nidra using a guided MP3.
Included in this podcast is the first track from Big Shakti’s Introduction to Meditation and Yoga Nidra MP3 series.
To purchase Big Shakti’s Introduction to Meditation and Yoga Nidra MP3 series, click here.