Yoga Psychology and Yoga Psychotherapy Introduction
The science of embodied relationship between consciousness and mind
Online Seminar: 2 x 90 minutes | Guided Meditation | CPD Points: 3 hrs | US$97.00
Yoga Psychology and Yoga Psychotherapy are vast and integral branches of Yoga Therapy
Dr Swami Shankardev is one of the forerunners of Yoga Therapy. A Yoga Acharya (authority of yoga), MD and Psychotherapist – all in one, he authored several Yoga Therapy books including Yogic Management of Asthma and Diabetes, The Effects of Yoga on Hypertension, and The Practice of Yoga for the Digestive System. He is also contributor and editor to 5 classical Bihar School of Yoga books.
“Yoga psychology is the science of the embodied relationship between consciousness and mind. Yoga psychology describes how the idealized healthy body and mind function and how imbalances can occur leading to pathology. Yoga psychotherapy shows us how to restore balance, enlighten the mind and find lasting purpose and meaning” Dr Swami Shankardev
Yoga psychotherapy plays a vital role in the successful treatment and management of physical, psychological and spiritual conditions. When combined with Western psychotherapeutic approaches it creates a powerful holistic approach to long-term healing and spiritual awakening. Yoga psychotherapy views illness as a sacred path to higher awareness. We can gain this perspective if we have the appropriate knowledge, techniques and support.
Yoga psychology and psychotherapy are based on the cultivation of self-awareness and knowledge of the “subtle body”, the part of us that lies sandwiched between the physical body and the spiritual or causal body, the subtlest part of us.
The topics within the include:
- Yoga psychotherapy as a holistic science
- The 4 main yoga philosophies that form the foundation of Yoga Psychology
- An outline of the structure of the mind and the forces that animate the mind
- The relationship between mind and consciousness
- The subtle body
- How to heal and enlighten the mind
- The Sanskrit terms for western concepts, such as the “inner parent, adult, child”
- How to support your “inner child” by developing a wise and enlightened inner adult
- Improve your relationship with self and others
- How to transform suffering and adversity to actualize a conscious relationship with the vast cosmic forces that lie beyond socially conditioned awareness
- Gain information about your individual karma so that you can begin to see your unique life purpose and destiny from a higher perspective
- An overview of the techniques and the path to liberate yourself from old destructive patterns and to create new creative patterns in your mind and your life.
2 x 90-minute Seminars
Continuing Professional Development
Earns CPD 3 contact hrs with Yoga Alliance USA, Yoga Australia, & SYTA
Title: Yoga Psychology and Yoga Psychotherapy (Introduction)
Author: Dr Swami Shankardev Saraswati
Publisher: Big Shakti
Media: Online Seminars