The 3 Easy Steps to Deep Relaxation Yoga and Meditation Series contains one lecture and four powerful relaxation meditation techniques
Relaxation makes every situation in life better…
Relaxation is a simple skill that anyone can learn. The stresses and endless demands of life cause patterns of tension and fatigue that inhibit the body’s natural capacity to relax. Fatigue and exhaustion lead to illness. Rediscovering how to turn on the relaxation response creates deep rest, vitality, health, calm, and true inner peace.
The 3 Easy Steps to Deep Relaxation Yoga and Meditation Series will empower you to:
- Increase energy and resilience.
- Accelerate recuperation from illness.
- Aid healing from surgery.
- Think clearly, and make better decisions.
- Develop concentration and memory.
- Improve performance in exams.
- Develop a calm, positive attitude.
The five tracks
The 3 Easy Steps to Deep Relaxation Yoga and Meditation Series consists of five tracks, an introductory lecture, three audio tracks that describe the three steps to achieve deep relaxation, and a short lying relaxation technique. The tracks are designed to be listened to in sequence, with each one building on the previous one to help you reach a state of complete relaxation.
By breaking the process of relaxation into small steps, our MP3 series teaches you how to relax in any situation. Each step takes you progressively deeper into relaxation, turning off the negative effects of stress, anxiety, and over-thinking and soothing your body and mind. This makes our MP3 series simple, calming, and restorative.
Track 1. Talk on Relaxation
Learn about the importance of relaxation for general health, psychological well-being, and disease prevention. Learn how stress affects every part of our life and how stresses build up unconsciously in the body and mind. Listening to this talk anytime and anywhere will help you to become more aware of your health and to develop into a more relaxed person.
Track 2. Step 1 Body Scanning
It is very common to create and hold tensions without even knowing it. To overcome this, you first learn body scanning. Body scanning systematically directs your attention, like shining a torch light, into all the areas of your body. This allows you to discover and feel tensions that you were previously not aware of. This alone can relieve tension.
Track 3. Step 2 The Natural Breath
Once you have discovered where you hold tensions, you direct awareness into those parts with the natural, spontaneous breath to create relaxation in those parts. You feel the tension and, at the same time, tune into the smooth, calm feeling of the natural breath. This very simple exercise has an immediate and automatic calming and healing effect on the nerves, thoughts, and emotions. It increases your energy and sense of well-being.
Track 4. Step 3 The Controlled Breath
Once you have experienced the relaxing power of spontaneous breathing, you are advised to learn how to control your breath. Controlling your breath allows you to deeply influence the nervous system and mind, to consciously create positive feelings. The process of inducing relaxation quickly becomes second nature to you, and you can begin to use this skill anytime and anywhere you need it.
Track 5. Lying Relaxation
You will be guided into a deep state of relaxation while in the lying position, the easiest posture for relaxation. In this position, all the muscles of the body are supported in their neutral position. Applying body scanning and the natural breath, you are guided to touch every part of your body with your awareness and to invoke your body’s innate healing and rejuvenating energies.
- Follow the tracks sequentially as they are designed to guide you step by step through techniques that will empower you to be more relaxed in all of life’s situations.
- Once you have learned the techniques use whichever feels right for you at the time.
- Practice anytime it is convenient.
- Use before breakfast to promote a calm mind and heightened focus.
- Use before sleep to promote deep, restful sleep.
- Use during the day, e.g., after lunch, to feel refreshed and to have more energy and concentration.
- Students and professionals may use these techniques during breaks to rest and refresh their minds and to facilitate better concentration, comprehension, and memory.
- People with health issues or who are recovering from an illness or surgery will benefit from the capacity to relax more deeply at will.
Warning – Do not listen to the 3 Easy Steps to Deep Relaxation Yoga and Meditation Series techniques while driving or working with dangerous equipment.
01 Talk on Relaxation (16.09 min)
02 Step 1 – Body Scanning (17.03 min)
03 Step 2 – The Natural Breath (16.22 min)
04 Step 3 – The Controlled Breath (16.14 min)
05 Lying Relaxation (11.46 min)
Title: 3 Easy Steps to Deep Relaxation – Calming the Mind, Rejuvenating the Body
Authors: Dr Swami Shankardev Saraswati and Jayne Stevenson
Publisher: Big Shakti
Content: Intro Talk and Guided Meditations
Duration: 80 minutes